Tuesday

Doona days with Rai TV

February 1, 2011

I've noticed in Sicily that during winter, it always seems to be colder inside the buildings than it is outside of them. I can't understand it. I mean, fair enough that most of the year it's so hot you can hardly breathe, but in the few cold months from late November to March, I would have thought that by now some genius italian would have thought of a different way to insulate houses. Or would have at least have cottoned on to the revolutionary idea of, I don't know, carpet. My resolve is to shove a hot water bottle up my jumper and move around my apartment like I'm 8 month's pregnant. Ugg boots and all. I have two doona's on my bed, one of which becomes a cape for when I move to the lounge to indulge in a little TV time. RAI TV. I don't know why I continue to inflict Rai TV upon myself. I don't like or understand what they are talking about. The programming is rubbish and intended to keep the masses stupid. Eventually I turn to good old faithful MTV that still has the occasional program in English. Quality programming such as The Hills or Jersey Shore. And then there are my favourites, dubbed from English to Italian. McLeods Daughters; Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman; Seventh Heaven; The Simpsons! Although the Italian voice actor hasn't quite managed to capture the character of Homer. Disappointing. Regardless, if the Italians had the equivalent of a groundhog, I know that this year he would be predicting a long, cold winter. I suppose I should get out of my flannelette pyjama's. But what's that? I think I hear the theme music to Dawson's Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment